Today, I am counting my blessings.
It has been one year and five months, since we lost our home and everything we owned in the house fire. By the standards of this world, without fire insurance or much of a savings account, things should have been bleak, without any hope at all. But for us, the opposite is true. Starting that very first day, we have been blown away by God’s miraculous provision.
So as I pondered all that God has done, I started to list them off. It is by no means exhaustive, but here is what I came up with:
- The Red Cross literally came to us before the fire was even out, giving us shelter, clothing, food and hope.
- Writers from all across this planet started showering us with love gifts and words of encouragement.
- Members of our church, and folks from the community organized a wonderful fundraiser for us.
- One neighbor even showed up with his heavy equipment and hauled the burned wreckage away, free of charge.
- BestBuy stepped up and helped us replace our computers and other electronic items.
- The employees at BestBuy and Old Navy adopted our family, giving Christmas gifts to our children to replace those that were lost.
- Churches from throughout our area took love offerings for our family.
- An old friend I had not seen in years, Mark Plumber, of Earth Crafters, came to our rescue offering expertise, helping us get the gears turning with the county, selecting a replacement home and the use of his equipment to get the many utility ditches dug and leveling our home site.
- In every case, the furniture and household items donated to us are far better than what we lost.
- God has met every need in His perfect timing, and answered every prayer.
- In our own way, God has shown us what it is like to eat the sacred manna that came from Heaven above. We are so blessed.
The fire: December 22nd, 2008
Here is our new home. It should be ready to move in within 4 weeks. Praise God !