Saturday, June 28, 2008

It's not about me, by Michelle Sutton

As a youth minister and novelist I have long admired the way our Lord used parables to illustrate truth with life-changing results. It’s Not About Me (Sheaf House), by Michelle Sutton, is far more than just a highly entertaining story; it is also a modern day parable, illustrating the unwavering faithfulness of Christ-centered, sacrificial love.

Today’s youth are bombarded with images of lust, instant gratification, and a false notion that love is nothing more than a feeling we fall in and out of. I am ecstatic to find a book that I can give to the youth of my church and feel confidant that they will enjoy an unforgettable page-turner while they benefit from the hard lessons learned by the characters.
There is also an excellent list of discussion questions at the end of the book that should prove helpful to parents or youth leaders in discussing the important issues that confront the characters in the book.

As a reader, I cannot say enough. The author did a superb job of managing my expectations and then surprising me with the outcome. Every chapter ending left me hanging and kept me reading. I couldn’t put it down.

I definitely look forward to seeing more life-changing titles from Michelle Sutton in the future.


Preorder It's Not About Me


Read a sample chapter
ad.





Michelle Sutton is the Volunteer Officer on the ACFW Operating Board, Editor-in-chief for Christian Fiction Online Magazine, Sheaf House Marketing Director, edgy fiction writer, book reviewer, avid blogger/alliance member, CWOW blog mistress, mother of two teenagers, wife, pet owner, social worker by trade, and follower of Jesus Christ.







.

2 comments:

Rulan said...

The world needs more books like this.

David Meigs said...

Rulan, thanks for dropping by! This will make a great book for Charmaine. Spot ya!